SoBe Furniture offers, but does not require the purchase of, a 5-Year Furniture Protection Plan. The 5-Year Furniture Protection Plan offered by SoBe Furniture is optional and can only be purchased at the same time as the merchandise that it covers. For merchandise to be covered under the 5-Year Furniture Protection Plan, the protection plan MUST be explicitly itemized within the same invoice as the merchandise. If a furniture protection plan is not purchased, SoBe Furniture neither grants nor implies any warranties on any products. All warranties provided, if any, are Manufacturer’s Warranties.
For more information about the protection plans that SoBe Furniture offers, please contact SoBe Furniture at (888) 713-SOBE (7623).
If purchased, your 5-Year Furniture Protection Plan begins on the date of your earliest delivery and continues for the five (5) year period following that delivery date. Any coverage which coincides with coverage provided by a manufacturer’s warranty will only take effect upon the expiration of such warranty. Coverage for stain and unintentional and accidental damage is effective upon the date of delivery referenced above.
If purchased, the 5-Year Furniture Protection Plan will cover the following issues:
- Mechanical and structural breakdowns to fabric, leather, vinyl upholstery or solid surface furniture as a result of:
- Breakage of frames, panels or spring;
- Breakage of sleeper, recliner, lifting, heating and/or vibrating mechanisms;
- Failure of integral electrical components;
- Lifting or incident-specific chipping of veneers or laminates exposing the substrate;
- Loss of silvering on mirrors.
- A specific post-delivery incident which occurs during normal residential use resulting in accidental damage, including:
- All stains, including dye bleed and dye transfer onto or into upholstery fabric, leather or vinyl;
- Punctures, rips or burns;
- Liquid marks or rings;
- Household heat marks;
- Gouges, dents, scratches or chips that penetrate the finish exposing the substrate;
- Damage caused by nail polish remover;
- Checking, cracking, bubbling or peeling of finish caused by a specific incident;
- Glass or mirror chipping, breakage or scratches.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
The total limit of liability under the 5-Year Furniture Protection Plan is the least of (1) the Purchase Price (2) the cost of repairs up to the Purchase Price (3) replacement product(s) of the same make and model as the Covered Product, or (4) replacement product(s) similar to those of your Covered Product.
WHAT TO DO IF A COVERED PROBLEM OCCURS
Please contact SoBe Furniture within thirty (30) days of noticing the problem by:
- Calling SoBe Furniture’s customer service center at 888.713.SOBE(7623).
- Emailing SoBe Furniture with specific claim details to [email protected]
Claims must be reported to SoBe Furniture within thirty (30) days of noticing the stain, damage or breakdown in your Covered Product.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
The following items are NOT covered by 5-Year Furniture Protection Plan
- Any issue not specifically listed in the section “Coverage” above;
- Any damage caused by the consumer during assembly or disassembly of any of the Covered Products;
- Product repairs that are specifically covered by the manufacturer’s warranty;
- Any stain or damage that occurs if the Covered Product(s) is placed in transit or storage after it has been delivered by SoBe Furniture;
- Accumulated stains or damage resulting from lack of regular care and maintenance, willful abuse, misuse, mishandling, unauthorized modifications or alterations to a Covered Product or failure to follow the manufacturer’s Instructions;
- External causes including, fire, theft, insects, acts of nature, illegal acts, acts of God or consequential loss of any nature;
- Stain or damage caused by appliance malfunctions and any resultant leak therefrom;
- Any product used for commercial, institutional or rental purposes;
- Failures that occur outside of the fifty (50) states of the united states of America, and/or the District of Columbia;
- Unauthorized service, repairs and/or parts;
- Service where no problem can be found;
- Breakdowns which are not reported within the term of the 5-Year Furniture Protection Plan;
- Any stain, soiling or damage resulting from everyday use or that has built up over time (i.e. dirt, perspiration, hair, body or suntan oils and/ or lotions). Signs of soiling or soil build up including darkened areas where the body comes into regular contact with the Covered Product(s);
- Dye transfer;
- Stain or damage resulting from the use of cleaning products;
- Mold, mildew, odor;
- Stains caused by medical incontinence;
- Stains or damage caused by an independent contractor, such as, but not limited to, a plumber, painter or other service or maintenance personnel;
- Bodily injury;
- Damage caused by pets (other than bodily fluids);
- Wear-related repairs or damage, such as, but not limited to, fading, rust or corrosion, normal wear and tear, seam separation, stress tears, loss of foam resiliency, pilling or fraying;
- Color loss or cracking and peeling on any leather or vinyl, splits on bi-cast leather, split leathers used in seat cushions, back cushions or top or inside arm areas, natural markings on leather, such as healed scars, insect bites, brand marks or wrinkles, leathers with embossed patterns other than those simulating natural cowhide, non-bovine leathers, suede, nubuck and other buffed leathers, surface scratches in leather finish;
- Scratches, dents or chips that do not penetrate the finish and do not expose the substrate;
- Non-colorfast or x-coded fabrics, shrinkage from cleaning;
- Clock mechanisms, any accessories used in conjunction with the Covered Product;